The Association of Christian Community Churches in Victoria and Tasmania (CCCVaT)
is a movement of like-minded local churches, predominantly of a Christian Brethren heritage, that have united under a common vision and mission, set of beliefs and core values. The movement is driven by the Great Commission of Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:18-20), and is committed to take the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all people and to provide a ministry of discipleship for each new believer, that they will become all that God has designed them to be.
core objective is to aid and assist local churches to more effectively reach and serve church and un-churched communities, develop ministry capacity and make disciples of Jesus. Through networking, leveraging of resources and fostering a greater sense of belonging, the movement continues to grow into a mutually supportive Kingdom-advancing network of churches that has ever increasing capacity to impact all in our circle of influence with the Good News of Jesus.
Statement of Faith
To advance the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
To aid and assist churches grow the Kingdom of God.
CCCVaT serves its churches by offering:
MEMBERSHIP of the association is open to all Christian Brethren Churches and other Christian Churches as approved by the board and members, that are located in Victoria and Tasmania and agree to the association's 'Distinctives', 'Statement of Faith' and 'Doctrinal Statement'.
These statements can be viewed in the guidelines and policy section in this website, along with the application to join the association.
- Prayer ministry and support.
- Church revitalisation and planting.
- Equipping ministries.
- Grants to or for:
- Employ university students.
- Pastoral Support.
- Church Activation, Renewal and Equipping.
- Short Term Mission.
- Community Outreach.
- Leadership equipping training and networking.
- Nominating authority for marriage celebrants.
- Child Safe Australia national licencee for all Brethren and approved Churches
- Policy and guidelines development and maintenance.
- Employer of School Chaplains under the NSCP and CCTI programs.