Margate Christian Church [MCC] is located approximately sixteen kilometres south/west/south of Hobart in the seaside town of its namesake.
We are a group of people of assorted ages and stages, who are together trying to follow Jesus in all areas of our lives. We often fail and fall short, but do so in the midst of an authentic and forgiving community, sharing our joys and struggles. We appreciate the challenges and ambiguities of living out a faith today, but we think it’s worth the effort and that Jesus offers the most compelling vision for the world.
MCC community life falls into three overlapping and related areas of service that we hope all members will be involved in:
1) Serving God through our Sunday morning gathering as a large extended family
2) Serving the local community We believe God loves and is interested in the people and place of Kingborough, somewhere most of us also call home.
- Playgroup for local mums
- Craft, Coffee, Chat for the creative types
- Channel Oddjob Team (COT) for practical assistance for those in need
- Weddings, funerals, infant dedications, and other public events
- Spiritual Journeys Art Exhibition (part of 2 1/2 Days in Margate festival)
3) Serving each other through meeting in Home Groups and living life together.