Nestling amongst the beautiful hills of Yarra Junction, Benwerren is a lovely old rambling house. Complete with an open log fire and a picturesque setting on two acres of land with the Little Yarra River running by, it's the ideal place for a truly relaxing holiday.
To strengthen families, by supporting women and children in need. Providing practical support in the form of 'time-out' in a peaceful environment, whilst ministering to the physical, educational, emotional and spiritual well being of women and children.
- Benwerren operates on a Christian ethos, is interdenominational in character, and supports women regardless of differing spiritual beliefs.
- Benwerren aims to share the love of God, the healing power of the Holy Spirit, and the salvation of Christ.
- To provide a centre for women in need, irrespective of denomination.
- To organise and run a centre where women may be cared for a temporary basis, where they can rest from shock of physical or emotional trauma.
- Offering accommodation (time-out ) 2 days to 2 weeks for practical, educational, spiritual and emotional support.
- To assist charities by welcoming to the Centre persons in need, sponsored by such charities, with the approval of governing director.
- To provide follow up service offering continued support in friendship to women who leave our care.
- Where necessary links will be made with various sections of the Welfare Dept., Church and other appropriate helping agencies, with/or on behalf of the women in the care of the Centre.
- To provide for persons who want the opportunity to unite daily in Christians worship at Centre.