A secular perspective on servant leadership.
The Grant is offered on a temporary basis to enable the Church to sustain the employment of its Pastor where the church is no longer able to fund the salary of same in full and where it is determined that the ministry of the church is needed and, where the role Pastor is integral in serving the needs of the ministry of the church, providing the stability needed to maintain attendance and is capable of growing the ministry of the church.
- The church has explored all opportunities to fund the salary of the Pastor at current or reduced hours, including securing pledges from the church community, but was unable to raise funds necessary to sustain the employment the Pastor.
- The church leadership is to have a clear sense of God’s call to retain the services of its Pastor.
- The Pastor is to have a clear sense of God’s call to remain the pastor of the church.
- The church to have documented strategic plan to develop and grow its ministry to serve its community, engage the un-churched and grow the Kingdom of God.
- The church leadership is to have gained the full support of the church to embark on the strategy.
- The Pastor is to:
- Have a current ‘Working with Children’s Check’
- Have a National Police report issued within two years of the application date.
Guidelines, Application and Report forms are available to download.